Payroll Software Review: Top 10 Business Payroll Software
In the digital era, managing your payroll manually is unnecessary and inefficient. Various payroll software solutions are widely available to help business owners with this task. These tools are usually highly specialized, do not include unnecessary features, and often come at a relatively low price. To assist you with your payroll, we have selected the 10 best payroll services.
Best Business Payroll Services
payroll software solutions offer a variety of options, ranging from expensive and comprehensive in-house business payroll software to cheap and popular, yet trustworthy, specialized online services. The Top 10 list is as follows:
- QuickBooks – an accounting package and payroll software solution which prides itself in its simplicity, efficiency, and multiple payroll options. With the price ranging from $100 to $300 per year, depending on your needs, this is certainly a good choice for a owner looking for a comprehensive payroll service. In addition, the company also runs Online Payroll service, which is priced at $29.95 per month.
- SurePayroll – an online payroll service, which is priced at $45 per month. It integrates very well with other popular desktop accounting solutions and can file your returns for you. Furthermore, the company will also represent you before the IRS if any issues arise.
- XpressPayroll – an easy and convenient -oriented online payroll service, which can do the payroll very easily, as well as file taxes, generate reports, process direct deposit payments for all employees etc.
- Paychex’s Online Payroll – a comprehensive set of web-based business payroll services, including both simple and complex features associated with payroll management. For instance, you can manage 401(k) and workers’ compensation as well. The company already has more than 8 years of experience in this field.
- PayCycle Inc. – a company providing an online business payroll service, which is reportedly used by 50,000 small businesses. In addition to the usual features, this service also supports employee pretax contributions and employer contributions to health savings accounts, as well as offers electronic filling of the IRS Form 944.
- ADP (Automatic Data Processing) Inc. – a major company providing data-processing solutions to midsize and enterprise markets. Its EasyPay payroll service is a payroll solution, providing services such as direct deposit payments for employees, preparation of payroll envelopes, and filing, depositing and reporting of payroll taxes.
- Peachtree – a complete accounting package which also has a payroll module. This software can calculate your payroll easily, deliver checks or make it possible to print them locally, process direct deposits, file federal, state and local payroll taxes etc.
- E-chx Inc. – an online business payroll service that enjoys a growing popularity. It specializes in retail, restaurant, accounting and legal industries. The company also gives the users of its service a guarantee of a two-hour callback.
- PayUSA Inc. – a company with over 40 years of experience, priding itself in the speed and convenience of its Payroll In a Flash payroll service.
- Wells Fargo Business Payroll Services – a convenient payroll service that can print checks and process direct deposits, as well as deal with quarterly tax returns or tax deposits, or send W-2 and 1099 forms to your staff.
Business Payroll Software – Tips and Advice
If you are thinking about buying or subscribing to a payroll service or software, bear in mind that price should not be the sole factor in your decision. You need to consider the experience of a particular company, inquire on whether the company will represent you in front of the IRS if needed, check the reviews and references, and make sure that the specific payroll service or software will suit your business needs.
Important features that you should take into account when choosing a business payroll software are as follows: automatic tax calculations, customization possibilities, handling of federal forms, generation of business reports, check printing, direct deposit capability, security, technical support, simplicity and convenience. You may not need an expensive accounting package if you are aowner. Conversely, business payroll software that is less costly but lacks a crucial feature can also be useless.