What Types of Financial Courses Can I Take in the UK?

If you are looking to start a career in finance, the UK offers a range of financial qualifications. Whether you are looking to get into accounting, private banking or sales and marketing there are lots of financial training courses based in London and around the UK to start your training. See some details below on financial course offerings, content and career opportunities.

What is the CAIA?

The CAIA course prepares students for a career in alternative investments. The course is particularly popular among those that are already working and would like to study at their own pace. For those looking to become: a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst, this title is offered by the CAIA Association to those who have completed the course.  You will learn about: risk return attributes of institutional quality alternative assets, hedge funds, real assets, professional ethics, private equity, credit derivatives, structured products, commodities and managed futures. You will take the following exams to earn this qualification: Level 1 and Level 2 exams, which are offered in March and September.
What is the CFA?

The CFA is a broad course that is equivalent to a master’s degree in finance, with minors in accounting, statistical analysis, portfolio management and economics. For those looking to become: a Chartered Financial Analyst, Buy-side Trader, Sell-side Analyst, Economist, and Financial Advisor –  Those who successfully complete the programme and meet the requirements are awarded a “CFA charter” and in turn become a “CFA charterholder.” You will learn about: topics based on a Candidate Body of Knowledge, which has been established by the CFA Institute. You will take the following exams to earn this qualification: three levels of the CFA exam

What is the CISI?

The CISI certificate course is designed for those who would like to meet the financial services authority (FSA) requirements for individuals who want ‘approved person’ status. This status is given to an individual within a firm who is performing a controlled function, or responsibilities within a business that have a regulatory significance. For those looking to become: a professional within the financial markets sector, ideal for entry level positions – You will learn about: derivatives, FSA financial regulation, securities, investment management, principles of financial regulation, financial derivatives, investment and risk, commodity derivatives. There CISI course involves a regulatory unit (FSA financial regulation) and a technical unit (securities). You will take the following exams to earn this qualification: the CISI Level 3 Certificate in Investments (multiple choice), runs throughout the year via computer-based testing, register and book exams through CISI.

What is the FRM?

The FRM course and qualification is for risk management professionals. These are people who analyse, control, or assess potential credit risk, liquidity risk or market risk as well as other financial risks for a business. For those looking to become: a Financial Risk Manager within an investment bank, asset management firm, corporations or government agency - You will learn about: capital markets, investment management and hedge fund risk, quantitative methods, different types of risk management, relevant regulatory and legal issues. You will take the following exams to earn this qualification: the Financial Risk Manager examination, administered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals.

MSc Finance
What is the MSc Finance?

The MSc Finance degree is popular with recent university graduates who would like to gain their master’s and pursue a career in investment management, corporate management and financial analysis. For those looking to become: a Broker, Credit Analyst, Derivatives Sales, and Actuarial Consultant – You will learn about: principles and practice of finance, financial decision-making, derivatives and treasury management, management accounting, behavioural finance, security analysis, quantitative methods of finance. You will take the following exams to earn this qualification: most MSc Finance degree courses involve coursework, exams and projects or a dissertation.

About the author:
Amy helps British and international students find the right financial certification courses located the UK. Amy is an American expat herself and loves helping people find their dream job, no matter where in the world it may be located.
My website is at: http://www.financialtraining.co.uk


Related Articles:

Leave a Reply