Landing Pages – How They Can Help Your Company
What is a landing page?
Sometimes known as a lead capture page it is used for online marketing. It is a web page a visitor reaches after clicking an online ad or link. It is a way to convert web clicks into clients. The page will contain detailed content of the product or service mentioned.
There are two types of landing pages:
Organic or “reference” landing page:
An organic or reference landing page presents information that is relevant to the visitor and used for advertising or campaigns and usually not part of the main site but geared toward a specific source of traffic. These can display text, images and links to direct to the main site.
Transactional landing page:
A transactional landing page’s goal is to persuade the visitor to complete a transaction and buy the product or service by filling out a form or being involved with the advertisement on the page.
Five must have components for your landing page:
- Strategy – create an interesting headline, since that is the first thing the visitors read. Create a Unique Value Proposition that will describe the market and the difference between your competitors and your own business
- Lead – must be interesting enough to capture your visitor’s attention and make them want to keep reading
- Benefits – this is your chance to really sell your product. List the benefits of your product and what it has to offer your visitors
- Offer – this asks your visitors to purchase, sign up or opt-in
- Look and feel – make sure the page has critical elements that builds trust and worthiness to the visitor
Five practices to keep in mind:
- Content counts – Make sure everything the visitor reads is valuable and useful information that will capture their attention
- Keep it simple – everything must be clearly explained and specific. Make sure to edit!
- Beyond the page – make it an experience and be creative – not just a page
- Testing, testing, testing – conduct tests to see what’s effective and what’s not
- Analysis – what do users use most? What drives them away?
Finally, make sure none of the links are broken. Landing pages are a great way to provide your customers with all the information they need in one convenient location and can drastically improve your marketing efforts.