Do People Know What You Do?
I was with a business contact of mine the other day and mentioned a project that we were working on for a client of ours. To my surprise he said to me, “I didn’t know you did that!” That made me think. Just because YOU know what you do, does that mean other people do? Remember, people will have probably seen you wearing different hats and may not necessarily associate you with EVERYTHING that you do. That’s why it’s so important to just remind your contacts occasionally about what you’re doing. You may think that they know about the latest product or service that you’ve introduced recently, but how will they know unless you have taken the time and trouble to tell them?
The contact I was talking to knew that we did the marketing workshops and produced various products like the CD, but he didn’t realise that we also DO marketing for small businesses and can also do the marketing for them too. Here’s just an example of what we’ve done for our clients:
- Make calls to potential companies on behalf of your business or follow up by phone on a letter that you’ve sent out.
- Organise workshops and find attendees to come on your courses.
- Internet marketing to increase your presence on Google.
- Create and sent out email newsletters on a monthly basis.
- Email marketing campaigns.
- Create and send out press releases, tips sheets and articles to the press.
- Design adverts, leaflets, brochures and websites.
- And many, many more …
We’re happy to do just one of the activities mentioned above, but we can also implement a combination of marketing ideas too. And if there’s something you want that you don’t see, please don’t hesitate to ask. For me, this conversation was an excellent reminder that all of us need to jog the memories of our contacts occasionally and tell them again what we do. So, hopefully I’ve let YOU know what we do in more detail and reminded you – so, when will you be reminding your contacts?